Ebay banner

Sunday 9 January 2011

Where did the weekend go - I demand another one

Well over the past few days I have managed to indulge at least 3 of my passions ...
  1. I finally found time to get over to the second hand record shops in Notting Hill Gate, where I picked up a few of the items on my latest wants list - a couple of CDs by Bert Jansch, 'Birthday Blues' and 'Rosemary Lane', a couple of live CDs by Fairport Convention, 'Wee Tam' by The Incredible String Band CD, and one of the few Richard and Linda Thompson CDs I don't have, 'Pour Down Like Silver' ... plus a fair amount of other stuff.
  2. Some 200 vintage postcards arrived for me to sort through. Some I'll keep whilst others will appear on ebay or my vintage postcard web site.
  3. Whilst at a family wedding over in Cambridgeshire, I went to several places I'd never been before. The weather on Sunday was fantasic and we were treated to clear blue skies as we took a stroll through the grounds of Wimpole Estate, near Royston. I took some photo's of the grounds but need to recover the disc reader from one of the kid's bedrooms before I can upload them ... unfortunately that will take longer than I have this evening, as despite having a great weekend, it was much too short and alas it's work again tomorrow.
So, instead of sharing a photograph from the Wimpole Estate, here's a vintage postcard near the top of the pile of 200.

The Barbican, Sandwich, Kent, published by Raphael Tuck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...