Ebay banner

Wednesday 5 January 2011

2 days back at work and I need another holiday already

I've only been back at work 2 days and I feel like I need another break already. I've included this photograph to cheer me up. It was taken on the way back from Nantucket to Hyannis on our last real holiday back in summer 2008 when we spent 3 weeks in the USA ... oh how I'd deeply love to be there again, but probably a tad cold this time of year.


 This week has been completely mad. As yet I've not made it into London and therefore not managed to go record shopping, which is particularly frustrating as I read more into Electric Eden and am curious to hear more of what's described there. I am making do with listening to the 3 Fairport Convention albums I have, plus topping up my needs through lastfm, but nothing beats owning a record or CD. I am definitely going to London tomorrow and am determined to see if I can get at least to Notting Hill Gate record shops after work.

Also since being back at work the exercise regime has slowed down. After managing a bike ride for the first 3 days of 2011, I've only managed a couple of lunchtime strolls since. We still have a huge amount of cheese left over from Christmas which I'm trying to avoid but did succumb yesterday. And, of course, when you start on the cheese, you need a glass of red, and then you need more cheese, and then ... suddenly it's all gone horribly wrong.

Finally for today, having just got on top of a recent batch of vintage postcards, I am now awaiting delivery of more which should keep me busy of an evening for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...