Ebay banner

Sunday 2 November 2014

An Autumn Urban Wander around Warwick Avenue, London

October has been a very busy month and I don't really seem to have managed to get out and about to enjoy Autumn as in previous years. Even my mountain bike riding has hit a low period, although I did manage a 17 mile ride today, my first in almost a month. Our weekends have been packed with other great stuff, so nothing to complain about there, but work pressures have meant that getting out at lunchtime has become near impossible of late, and instead I have been sat over a hot keyboard with a sandwich in hand, pondering the completion of yet another mega-urgent spreadsheet or powerpoint request. Faced with this rather dismal reality, I forced myself out one day last week and managed to get some autumn in at last.

A bit overcast today, so not as many people sat outside having lunch as normal. This little canal boat café is on my to do list but will have to wait for another day.

Canal boat café, Little Venice, London
Canal boat café, Little Venice, London W9

I've always loved this little parade of shops in Formosa Street, which have a village-like feel.

Formosa Street, London W9
Formosa Street, London W9

A shame about all the cars, but a stunning tree with its autumn foliage nevertheless. In the background on either side you can juts make out the iconic entrances to Warwick Avenue tube station.

Warwick Avenue, London W9
Warwick Avenue, London W9

I took this picture purely for the lamp. I would have liked to get a bit closer but did not want to intrude on the privacy of the chap sat at the table outside the pub, enjoying a lunchtime pint. 

The Warwick Castle pub, Warwick Place, London W9
The Warwick Castle pub, Warwick Place, London W9

This is a view looking the other way along Warwick Place, with the Warwick Castle pub on the left. I've not been there for a while, but when I have the food and drink was excellent.

Warwick Place, London W9
Warwick Place, London W9


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...