Ebay banner

Thursday 29 November 2012

Urban Wandering: Oldbury Place, London W1

Despite the train chaos in and out of Paddington today, caused by flooding and landslides in Somerset and Devon, I managed to escape for an hour at lunchtime to make the most of the beautifully crisp, clear day. I tramped my way through some pretty familiar territory around Marylebone High Street but stumbled across a small street I must have walked past many times but never explored, Oldbury Place. I particularly liked the curve of the street as it opened up to reveal a broader area, not quite a square though. Unfortunately the area was full of parked cars so no pictures of that I'm afraid.

Oldbury Place, London W1
Oldbury Place, London W1

I also liked the contrast of the orange (perhaps rusty?) roof girders against the blue sky that greeted me as I made my way down the street and looked right just before it curved away.
Oldbury Place, London W1
Oldbury Place, London W1

Oldbury Place, London W1
 Oldbury Place, London W1
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...