Ebay banner

Wednesday 16 February 2011

A heron in Hyde Park

The mixed weather this week has meant that getting out and about and finding some space has been more of a challenge. So far this week I've only managed one brief escape which was to Hyde Park during my lunch break. The weather was awful but I was rewarded with this magnificent Heron.




Heron, Hyde Park

I'm sorry to report that the new bird feeders in the front garden do not seem to have attracted any birds whatsoever, but the established one in the back garden is still going strong and I saw my first starling for ages - I remember as a kid we always had loads in the garden but it's been a while since I've seen one.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beauty! We get loads of starlings over here, but they won't be making an appearance until it warms up a bit. Sometimes the robins show up early and I worry about them, but they ssem to make it through to the spring thaw.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...