Ebay banner

Sunday 7 February 2016

An Urban Wander from Hammersmith to Shepherd's Bush, London

Once again last week I was fortunate enough to be able to get out and about for a quick, lunchtime wander. Determined to try and go somewhere I'd not been before, which is becoming increasingly difficult within a lunch hour's stroll from the office, I headed out towards Loftus Road, home of Queen's Park Rangers. I'm not a QPR fan, although technically I should support them as I grew up in Ruislip which was just a couple of miles from where QPR used to train, and more importantly, Stan Bowls lived in my road. However, football nostalgia was not the purpose of my visit.

First up we have a  couple of pictures Sinclair Mansions, between Goldhawk Road and Shepherd's Bush. I particularly liked the brickwork and the arches on these buildings. The more modern look of the area can be seen in the far distance, as one of the office buildings near the Westfield shopping centre.

Sinclair Mansions, London W12
Sinclair Mansions, London W12

Sinclair Mansions, London W12
Sinclair Mansions, London W12

If I'm honest I didn't find very much that was inspiring on my wander, which I suspect was more to do with my mood than the environment. I'm sure, as is often the case, should I return I would see plenty of interest What did catch my eye though was these old Public Baths in Lime Grove on my way back, which are now re-purposed for residential and/or office use.

Hammersmith Public Baths & Wash Houses, Lime Grove, London
Hammersmith Public Baths & Wash Houses, Lime Grove, London

Pleased to see that the original signage is still intact though, although the signage above the doors, which I'm guessing would have said "Men" over one door and "Women" over the other, has been removed. Curiously there's a third door .. I wonder what this one would have read.

Hammersmith Public Baths & Wash Houses, Lime Grove, London
Hammersmith Public Baths & Wash Houses, Lime Grove, London

So, not actually that many pictures considering the wander was about an hour, but hopefully the pictures I did take are of interest.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...