Ebay banner

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Yet another coastal wander around Lymington, Hampshire

Between trawling through record shops in search of vinyl I used to have as a teenager, and work, I have found some time for a bit of wandering. I had last week off work and the weather was simply wonderful. We didn't go away anywhere but instead undertook a number of day trips, of which this trip to Lymington was one.

To make a change from our usual walk around the salt marshes to the west of Lymington, we headed off to the east to see what was around the corner, other than the Isle of Wight ferry.

Small boats, Lymington
Small boats, Lymington

Spring in bloom, Lymington
Spring in bloom, Lymington

Over the past few years we have only ever seen the Isle of Wight from this distance. It's on the list but we just need to find the time.

Isle of Wight, from Lymington
Isle of Wight, from Lymington

I'm not normally one for any sort of horse, pony or donkey, but in this case following the cost path it was unavoidable and we had to walk through them. Feeling brave, afterwards, I stopped to take a quick photo. Not sure why I was worried, the ponies couldn't have cared less.

Horses, Lymington
Horses and ponies, Lymington

I'm not remotely nautical, but there is something about the sight of a shipyard that attracts me.

Ships in Lymington harbour
Ships in Lymington harbour


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...