Ebay banner

Saturday 14 March 2015

Final part of my recent urban wander in and around Shoreditch, London

This is the third and final installment of my Urban Wander in and around Shoreditch. Starting with lunch ... I had a fantastic curry and my wife ordered from the brilliant Ethiopian stall in the first picture.

Indoor food market, Shoreditch
Indoor food market, Shoreditch

Indoor food market, Shoreditch
Indoor food market, Shoreditch

We didn't get chance to go in here for coffee but it's on the list for next time.

Coffee shop, Shoreditch, London
Coffee shop, Shoreditch, London

I can only partially quite make out what the writing above this shop says

....TOMS 18


Ghost sign, Shoreditch, London
Ghost sign, Shoreditch, London

I should have taken more notice about what this was as unfortunately I have no idea. Hopefully one of my observant readers will know.

Art installation(?), Shoreditch, London
Art installation(?), Shoreditch, London

The chimney of the Truman Brewery can be seen from various angles in and around Shoreditch. This is probably my favourite one.

Ghost sign, Truman Brewery, Shoreditch, London
Ghost sign, Truman Brewery, Shoreditch, London

Ghost sign, Truman Brewery, Shoreditch, London
Ghost sign, Truman Brewery, Shoreditch, London

Not quite sure was this building is/was, but clearly seen better days.

Abandonment and decay, Shoreditch, London
Abandonment and decay, Shoreditch, London

This is one of those buildings I've walked past plenty of times but only noticed the old signage this time.

WELLS & COMPANY COMMERCIAL WORKS

Ghost sign, Shoreditch, London
Ghost sign, Shoreditch, London

This next ghost sign is one of the more frequently photographed but until this wander I had no idea where it was, and in fact I only spotted it by chance as having realised my wife was no longer with me I turned to wait for her and spotted it.

BLOOMS PIANOS
PERFECTION

Ghost sign, Shoreditch, London
Ghost sign, Shoreditch, London

I was instantly reminded of The Prisoner when I saw this along the Regent's Canal near De Beavouir town.

I am not a number, I am a free man
I am not a number, I am a free man

Further along the canal, with the big white ball having stopped me from escaping, we came across this rather impressive urban topiary on a canal side apartment block.

Urban topiary, Regent's Canal, London
Urban topiary, Regent's Canal, London

And for the final picture of the wander, another ghost sign as we concluded our walk in Islington.

Ghost sign, Islington, London
Ghost sign, Islington, London


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...