Ebay banner

Wednesday 26 February 2014

An Urban Wander from Paddington to Kensington

So, here we are again with an Urban Wander that I've done in one way or another many times, but each time I manage to find a new route, or discover something new.

This first picture is a perfect example of something that I've walked past countless times but must have had my eyes closed. This is the old CLARENDON WORKS building with additional ghost lettering within the brickwork which says BUILDERS CONTRACTORS.

Former Clarendon brick works, Clarendon Road, London W11
Former Clarendon brick works, Clarendon Road, London W11 

Next up we have the former Earl of Zetland pub in Princedale Road, Notting Hill. This is now clearly used for other purposes but a bit of research showed that it was used in the background in one of the scenes from the 1966 film, Blow Up, starring David Hemmings.
The former Earl of Zetland pub, Notting Hill, London
The former Earl of Zetland pub, Notting Hill, London

I have to confess I'm not sure where this mews was along my wander. Nearer the Kensington end I would guess but not 100% sure.

Unidentified London mews
Unidentified London mews 

I do know where this next picture was taken, most definitely. This is in Edwardes Square, which is just off Kensington High Street.

Edwardes Square, Kensington, London
Edwardes Square, Kensington, London

This is probably my favourite photo in this post as it captures a few of my current things. It was taken in a mews like road, Earl'sWalk if I'm not mistaken, and features just a hint of urban decay, although I suspect not for long as a short walk around the corner towards Pembroke Mews revealed that the building is being renovated. I thought the contrast of the colours on the doors worked well too.

Old garage doors, Earl's Walk, Kensington, London
Old garage doors, Earl's Walk, Kensington, London

The remainder of the pictures show off the better preserved parts of the mews, with probably better functioning garage doors.

Pembroke Mews, Kensington, London
Pembroke Mews, Kensington, London 

Pembroke Mews, Kensington, London
Pembroke Mews, Kensington, London 

Earl's Walk, Kensington, London
Earl's Walk, Kensington, London

Pembroke Mews, Kensington, London
Pembroke Mews, Kensington, London

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...