Ebay banner

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Urban Wandering: the towers of London W6

Having recently moved into some new office premises near Hammersmith, I found myself with a whole new playground to explore at lunchtimes and after work. It's not really an area I've given much attention to in the past, as it's largely residential, but a quick explore earlier in the week revealed quite an interesting feature in that the area between the Hammersmith Road and Barons Court seems to be scattered with towers. I'm not talking about industrial towers, or water towers here, but instead towers built as part of the residential landscape. These are mostly on corners of properties, but some also seem to spring up in the middle of terraces. Again, as with many of my urban wanders, I probably only scratched the surface here, and the sky was grey, so definitely another place to return to on a sunny day.

Towers of London W6
Towers of London W6


Towers of London W6
 Towers of London W6

Towers of London W6
 Towers of London W6

Towers of London W6
 Towers of London W6

Towers of London W6
Towers of London W6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...