Ebay banner

Tuesday 24 July 2012

A day out in Oxford with Lewis

Well Summer is now most definitely here. It's unbelievably hot here in West Berkshire, so much so that we're braving a barbecue this evening (the first in a long while). There may be a drink or two as well. But before that I just about have time to post a blog update from my weekend visit to Oxford. We arrived early, before the tourists and before most of the shops had opened, so it was blissfully peaceful, for a short while at least. The first scene we were greeted with was all the punts moored, awaiting their passengers for the day (which seemed to be almost exclusively stage and hen parties).

 Before the punters arrived

We had breakfast on the High Street just after the bridge, and lunch in the University parks below, before walking across the parks to the lakes and rivers on its east side.
Keble College from the University parks

I wish I had taken more notice of the street names as I seem to have various pictures of narrow roads, lanes and alleyways, all of which I am sure have appeared in Morse or Lewis at some stage (but more of that later).

Narrow street, Oxford

Narrow passage, Oxford

The final picture is probably the best of a rushed series I took after we turned a corner and literally bumped into an episode of Lewis being filmed. We must have watched for a good 30 minutes and I'm pretty sure all that was actually filmed was a short car scene of no more than 10-15 seconds. It involved some sort of old sports car, blue I think, but alas I have no idea of make or model. I will however be watching out for this when the next series hits the TV screens, in the autumn/winter I hope.

Lawrence Fox, as Hathaway, on the film set for an episode of Lewis


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...